Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

So today is Halloween, and I forgot about it, until I was about to walk out of my room and head to the LAB. This NEVER happens! I never forget Halloween, but when you think about it, when I'm at home I see all of the decorations going up and know the holiday is approaching. Here, we just have the autumn decorations. It's interesting how closed off from the mainstream world I'v become. I quite like it though.While making cookies a week ago, someone else had the TV on and an add for ABC's 25 days of Christmas movie marathon was already being advertised! Excuse my language briefly, but here's Aaron's thoughts on Christmas already being talked about:

"GO TO HELL CHRISTMAS!"

Sorry for that tiny outburst. I think that the real meaning of this holiday is lost tin the shuffle of stupid Christmas romance movies, the endless amount of music. Thanksgiving is far enough away. Why does it have to intrude upon the awesome, scary celebration of Halloween!?!

Pictures later of everyone's costumes. I'm getting Genna to take pictures for me!

So far we have:

Ian - Gangster
Genna - Tinkerbell
Chase - King
Gwen, Reilly, Olivia, and Kate - cheer squad girls
Ana - Elmo
Ella- evil mother from the movie Tangled
Megan- planet earth
Jessie - Sarah Palin
Katie - penguin
Russ and Kai - bike mechanics
Garrett - Gay pride fairy
Brooke - Pebbles
Zeki - Tony Stark
Maia - nerd
me- sciencey lab-coat wearing person
Molly - cookie monster
Kaia - autumn fair
Teahelahn - cave lady
George - jester
Mattie - lion
Carolyn - ghost
John - evil mast wearing person

Again.. pictures to come this evening! :D

5 comments:

  1. sounds interesting. i have some friends going in like a group and they r all being nerds. i was a zombie! i made completely edible blood and it smelled like hot chocolate. and i went with Maeve, Brenna, and Cloe. we sang Whistle and then Ezra's sisters made us sing for candy. and then these two house heard us sing down the street and then they wanted us to sing. oh and i came up with and made my costume in like 4.5 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spell out your words... abbreviations are silly!Awesome job on the blood! Wish I had it up here! Congrats on the costume. I saw the pictures@ :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just wanted to type it fast cuz i have to work on a paper. it was made out of chocolate but i didnt really want to eat it. yep i didnt know what i was going to be at all. yea Brenna kinda went crazy with the fake blood

    ReplyDelete
  4. someone posted a cartoon on my facebook page about the thanksgiving turkey telling Santa to step aside and wait his turn!!
    You go gobbler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah exactly! Stop intruding Christmas! :D I see you mentioned me in one of your blog posts. ;P

    ReplyDelete