Sunday, October 21, 2012

10-21-12 I survived the wilderness if you cared to know

"Oh, no, not I, I will surviveOh, as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay aliveI've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to giveAnd I'll survive, I will survive, hey, hey" - "I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor
Have that song running through your head when you think of me. No not really. I wasn't worried about dying. For real guys. When I got back to campus it was like the end of exploration week all over again only we hadn't seen each other for two days as opposed to a week. It was also deafening for me. It was a painful experience for my ears. All I could do was cover my ears and cringe. Trust me, I wasn't the only one who was doing the same thing. And then someone rang the dinner bell right next to me. Welcome back to life Mei-Jing. 
Well if you couldn't tell I would have been happy to live out in the wilderness for much MUCH much longer. I really enjoyed solos as an overall experience and I learned a lot more about myself. Yeah, yeah , I'm gonna get philosophical on you now. Well you'll see. I'll format the entries like I did for exploration week. So they will be dated form the day that it happened. No, sadly you aren't traveling back in time. speaking of that I have a few acknowledgements to make.
We had two students go home from Conserve school. Shawn ruddy and Eric Sauer. They will both be missed. Just going to say a few things about them.
Shawn, oh dearest Shawn, there is a hole where you left. Thanks you for being an awesome friend I will miss you a lot. Thank you for teaching me the joy of chess. All that smack talk while I was playing you made me able to concentrate and play better than ever. Thanks for being an awesome guy on exploration week. I loved being talking to the super nerd/geek side of you. I really enjoyed getting to know you. I regret not hanging out with you more, because I think it could have been an awesome ride, but what I did know of you was great. Thanks for making me laugh at the most ridiculous things that you said. For making me do that double take when you said those oh so untrue statements, like "oh the sky looks bright purple today!" and making believe it for a split second. It always put a smile on my face. You will be missed a lot! Keep in touch (even if your only reason is because I'm friends with your idol Keller Yates! :P). Go live your dreams of being that guy you sent to me on stumble upon. Go be the next Jason Mraz! <3
 Eric: I knew you even less than Shawn, but the small conversations that we had were very insightful. I'm not going to let the rumors or what happened cloud the fact that you are a really awesome guy while I knew you here at Conserve. You have also left a large hole here in the community and I hope you are able to live out your dreams. PEACE out bro.
And now for solos....

No comments:

Post a Comment