Monday, October 1, 2012

10-1-2012 how time flies!

So according to the normal public-schooler, Mondays are not an appreciated day. It means the coming of homework, sitting in a classroom, and a monotonous routine. To me the Mondays bring everyone back on campus, awesome classes and homework in a hammock! I have come to the conclusion that Mondays and Tuesdays are my favorite school days and Friday nights are my favorite parts of the weekend. Today flew by in a whirlwind of autumn leaves and relaxation. The morning started out with Chinese where all the words are themed along emotions. I'm excited to learn the new ways to express feelings. On to pre-caculus which breezed right through. On to ceramics which involved spending an hour and a half sifting through the rocky red clay from Georgia. Aaron had even more dirt than I did, but then again he had a larger sieve. We only got a couple of inches out of all the dirt and it's sooo time consuming, but I'm excited to see what the glaze looks like! Lunch was a tasty affair, and then to science where we did one of my most favorite-est things. Mucking around in Little Don with waders on identifying invertebrates. I was so proud that I knew some of them already! :D We also did water sampling which I have also done at home, but I enjoyed it never the less. I felt right at home in the lab. Thanks Andy!

Field instruction was the star of the show today however. We got to help with the school bees for half the class and do archery for the second part! I am not scared of being stung by a bee,but of course it's not enjoyable. I think that some in our group were right at home while others were a littler nervous, but by the end of the session everyone was comfortable. If you stuck your glove into the hive, and scooped up a bunch of the bees you could feel the buzzing. The noise became a feeling and not just a sounds. It was a very interesting sensation. I really want to work more with the bees. Wish we had some at home! It would be a really cool project! The archery was very rusty for me too. i had never really learned about dominant eyes before,but I apparently have a VERY dominant left eye which is uncommon for a right-handed person. The problem was that even when I lined myself up with the 3rd target I still managed to hit close to the center of the 4th target! I even popped a balloon that they had set up for us. Just not mine! It was a nice surprise, but George was so confused as how I was able to pull off such a feet!

Quick shout out to Reilly who's 17th birthday was today! :D

The afternoon was spent doing homework outside. I'm doing a handwriting analysis of M. Lewis! I'm excited, but I'm quickly finding out that his writing patterns hide certain known facts about him! The rest of the night was on the swings with Dexter and Mattie. Oh how I love conversations about the complications of life.

The main even of the night was that of Kai's fire poi. The original plan was to give a private show to the admin could decide whether it was safe, but he did it in the commons. I am in awe of him now along with the fact that my fascination of fire had increased by 10000x times! Good on you Kai for awesome skills!

3 comments: