Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10-23-12 I love English class!

Today in English class we started the wrap up to the unit that we have been working on for "Into the Wild." I really enjoyed the book and am glad that Jeff assigned it. It was like reading a pleasure book. I like how the book really made you think. But when you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Chris McCandless's death is a mystery. In fact a lot of his journey was shady because his journals mainly focused on the food that he had and not his location. Though he didn't think much of carrying precise maps. Anyways, as you might know, there is a movie based off of the book, and Eddie Vedder was set with the task of creating a soundtrack for the movie. I already loved Eddie Vedder so this new assignment was really fun sounding. We are each picking a song and analyzing the significance of the song and how it relates to the book. In class today we learned the basic terms used in song writing that are used to emphasize certain things like mutes, and rhetorical questions, etc. We did it with Jack Johnson's "The Horizon Has Been Defeated"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy! I am a huge fan of jack Johnson already. Oh and let's not forget to mention that when we walked in I got to listen to "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison. I am proud to say that I don't think anyone else but Zeki had ever heard the song, much less knew the words like I did! Happy day! That class made my day in so many ways! :D Thanks Jeff!

Speaking of Jeff, Mattie and I were wandering around campus on Monday night, and we didn't know what to do, so we decided to visit Jeff and Jill. I am so glad that we did. Jeff tells these awesome, hilarious stories of all of the crazy things that he and Jill have done together. We even came at the right time, after dinner, and got to share some ice cream with hot fudge with them! I really like how all of the teachers are always open to visitors hanging out with them, walking dogs, or just stopping by to say hi! Andy, Mattie and I will catch you at the right point on of these days when you aren't grading papers, watching Project Runway, or unable to find Schooner's leash!

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment