Friday, October 12, 2012

10-12-12 new knowledge every day

While I find myself looking forward to my weekends because of the freedom, but it also means another day has passed, and precious time is flying by. Ahhh well.. live in the moment right? I am currently craving any and all types of Asian foods. I really miss the spiciness too. Argggg I also would like some double stuff Oreos right about now. Mattie and I are here sitting in my room. I did a major house cleaning session. I also just figured out that there is a pull up bar hanging form my door way at home. Solos is slowly approaching. We got our packing list, be I also received the news that we are NOT allowed to have knives, but Mattie just  said otherwise. Perhaps there is still hope! I will be doing a lot of debris shelter building, reading, and sleeping over that weekend. In case you hadn't noticed I'm psyched.

In other news, Kai now only eats with chopsticks and possibly has some form of rare flesh eating foot bacteria or fungus. I also want to give a shout out to the 5 D's for sending the birthday/care package! It's all really tasty and quite functional.

Today I alo learned about the Paulding Light's. Apparently it's quite famous and I have been living in the dark. For those of you who have been living in the dark with me:

"The Paulding Light (also called the Lights of Paulding or the Dog Meadow Light) is a light that appears in a valley that lies outside of Paulding, Michigan. Reports of the light have appeared since the 1960s, with popular folklore providing such explanations as ghostsgeologic activity, or swamp gas. In 2010, Syfy Channel's Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files conducted a paranormal investigation and concluded that the Paulding Light was unexplained. Michigan Tech students conducting a scientific investigation of the light in 2010 were able to see automobile headlights and tail lights when viewing the light through a telescope, and were able to recreate it by driving a car through a specific stretch of US 45."

The local lore goes something like this:

"The first recorded sighting of the Paulding Light came in 1966 when a group of teenagers reported the light to a local sheriff. Since then, a number of other individuals have reported seeing the mysterious light that is said to appear nearly every night at the site.[1]
Although stories of the light vary, the most popular legend involves the death of a railroad brakeman.[2] The legend states that the valley once contained railroad tracks and the light is the lantern of the brakeman who was killed while attempting to stop an oncoming train from colliding with railway cars stopped on the tracks. Another story claims the light is the ghost of a slain mail courier, while another says that it is the ghost of an Indian dancing on the power lines that run through the valley"

Out to observe the stars! Peace out! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment