Tuesday, October 16, 2012

10-15-2012 M^3

Well hello there! I haven't been on the ball about writing. Yesterday was a gorgeous day. Camping solos and the PSAT are creeping ever closer. The anticipation is building. 

Yesterday flew by, like the autumn leaves do when there are great gusts of wind. It was quite enjoy about. Starting with long periods of working in ceramics. I have decided to use stoneware clay for my place setting. I love how it feels when you work with it. It becomes smooth and soft, and doesn't seem to have as many tiny rocks in it. On to the afternoon. Andy had us gardening during class. We planted 200 spring bulbs, and in the process aerated the soil. Soil has been our main topic in class for the past week, so this was one of the many hands on things we got to do. He also assigned some reading which I started. Lets just say I really like it and one of the chapters is about a guy waging war against a woodchuck, and describes the battle as "woodchuck megadeath." In field instruction I successfully pitched a tent, build a fire, and made s'mores and learned the cheating way to open a bear vault (the container you put your food in). The weather seems to have decided to warm up a bit for solos which is nice, but it's quite wet out. 

The evening consisted of the making of apple crumble that Maeve got in the mail a while ago. May I say it was quite delicious, and the smell made me really miss my kitchen and all the lovely smells that come out of it. Before the baking however, Mattie, Maeve, and I aka M^3 (pronounced m cubed) went for a walk. Maeve has been using her film camera a lot, and so we went on a bit of a nature photo shoot. It was quite enjoyable and I am now inclined to take many more walks! Plus we had Jeff 's (English teacher) dog Penny with us, which made the walk all the more enjoyable. 

While the apple crumble was in the oven, Mattie, Russ and I decided that we should go and visit Andy. Turned out he was grading papers, and we couldn't stay, but it's really nice that you can go and visit the teachers here. So far I have visited Andy, Michael and his family, and Jeff and his family. I really want to go and visit Nancy and Robert. They are quite interesting people, and I really enjoy talking with them. 

History project is due today! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment