Tuesday, October 2, 2012

10-2-2012 lots and lots!

Today has brought family just a tad closer for everyone here. There are definitely mixed feelings here. Some people can't wait to see their parents and siblings and others are not looking forward to it. Why I'm not sure. All the others who's parents aren't going to be attending are excited to meet each others families We have all had lots of time to talk about our home lives and siblings. I'm excited to meet everyone's siblings for sure! On Friday night the Yates' and I are going to eat dinner with Maeve's family! I'm excited to meet them because of all of the crazy stories that I have heard about them! I wish my family could come up ad meet everyone! I fell like Yi-Shan would be incredibly popular instantly.

On Saturday night there is supposed to be a talent show to show the parents what all of us can do. Maia has arranged a group performance of "Wagon Wheel" by Old Crow Medicine Show. Mattie, Maeve, and I are reading a poem I wrote. Kai is performing fire poi, and there are some rumblings that Kai, Aaron, Mattie, and I may join together and do a full flag+LED+fire poi demonstration. Dexter is going to do do a choreographed LARPing/fencing show. Ellie and Saige and Aaron are doing some awesomely talented guitar+vocals+flute performance. Kaia and Rachel are performing "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz! I'm excited for all of it, and I hope that everything gets recorded! :D

Tomorrow's schedule is going to be crazy! I have EVERY, I REPEAT EVERY class tomorrow in preparation for parent weekend. It's going to be crazy and confusing for sure!

My handwriting analysis of Lewis is slowly coming along, but I am quickly realizing that he hid his true emotions, and they were never reflected in his writing.

In history today we went out onto Little Don and row boated around. I discovered that it takes skill to go in a perfectly straight line for an extended period of time. Genna, Molly, Ana, and I weaved all over the lake!

We have begun to read "Into the Wild" by John Krakaur! I'm so excited. And I just learned he went to Emory University! Home sweet home! Makes me want to run away with my two other M's into the mountains and go backpacking. There also needs to be a blue station wagon.

Another night of nutella!

No comments:

Post a Comment