Tuesday, October 16, 2012

10-16-12 history class!

Oh yet another day has blown by without be realizing it. My history class would have to be the main focus of today's blog. My presentation was really fun. I really like sharing more of my poetry. I will add the "Lowercase Soldiers" poem in a bit. I think everyone enjoyed my presentation. I ran out of time before class to actually read it out, and decided what I was going to say so during class I did quite a bit of add-libbing. It was very fun! This past history class would have to be one of the most memorable ones, next to the day that we cooked Lewis and Clark food. I got 3 rounds of clapping, which I would like to proudly point out was the highest amount out of the entire class period, and I got quite a few questions after! Here are some of the projects:


Reilly, Chase, Teahelahn: 6 act play that illustrated different encounters the Corps of Discovery had with the different tribes. Complete with props!

George and Ian: Moccasin presentation. Fun facts. They got up on the tables and walked around the room so we could see their feet up close and personal.

Jessie: presentation via powerpoint of Sacagawea along with a beautiful charcoal drawing of her.

Brooke and Megan: Comparison between the Clatsop stay and the Fort Mandan stay. They also hand made a paddle which they painted with the Columbia River. Quite a piece of work!

Molly: Presentation on the different animals that Lewis and Clark discovered. She read some of their actual journal entries!

Genna: Presentation about the differences between how the Indians treated their horses and how the Corps treated them. Also talked about how the expedition could have gone smoother if they had followed the Indian way.

Zeki and Justin: By far the funniest. They made a movie about the medicinal techniques the Corps used to stay healthy during their trip, or to cure an illness. I will hopefully be posting their video if Zeki sends it to me! :)

The day was quite a memorable one, and thus I will end with a quote from "Into the Wild"

If this adventure proves fatal and you don't ever hear from me again I want you to know you're a great man. I now walk into the wild." - Chris McCandless

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment