Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12 scattered brains

Well hello! Two days in a row that I have woken up with snow outside my window. It's always gone by lunch though. Making it look like it's raining as the water pours in great streams off the roof. It's definitely getting colder. The layers are one and the hats and mittens are appearing. Already people have misplaces one glove or a scarf. I've been quite busy. A bunch of little projects that need to be finished. I added to the end of my e-portfolio entry that I added here, so be sure to check it out after you finish reading this. I'll edit it within the entry.

I made my dirt glazes today! The pieces are going into the kiln today so I should have a plethora of ceramics pictures coming soonish. I have listened to an awesome amount of Beatles music too! A new favorite is "With A Little Help From My Friends" by of course the Beatles. I am currently learning all of the words for "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson. Every time I hear it I just start smiling. It's a song I can listen to you over and over. I'll be taking the lyrics on solos so I can sing them :D

Solos is coming up! Sadly, so is the PSAT. We spent almost all of the time in Careers and Colleges filling out the personal info part of the test. I had a bit of a comedic moment. I totally blanked out about whether one of my names was part of my legal last name or a legal middle name! Silly me! That whole period was incredibly funny for Aaron and I because being home-schooled AND going to Conserve throws lots of monkey wrenches into the questions that are asked of us! Needless to say there was a lot of eyebrow raising and "what did you put?'s" going on!

I'm ecstatic for solos. Robert (my group leader) says that we have one of the best spots on campus. Apparently 2 semesters ago some wolves walked through the Inkpot campsites! The sites are also more secluded and filled with more wilderness.

NOH8!
PEACE!

2 comments:

  1. So, exactly when are solos? Do you have enough warm clothing? Will you be using a tent, or sleeping in a debris shelter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are each going out and camping by ourselves for two nights. Yes I do have warm clothing and I will have a tent, but I will be be building a debris shelter

    ReplyDelete