Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8-27-2012 t rescues all the way!

Hey guys! Sorry for not blogging as much recently. I've been caught up with homework and tons of outdoor opportunities. I can't express HOW MUCH FUN IT IS HERE! I really love being here. The people here share many of my beliefs, and if they don't they accept who each person is individually and welcome them. This sounds really nerdy of me, but I like that everyone here genuinely wants to learn. They don't spend time talking about how much they hate school. But hey.. who could hate it here? :D That's enough philosophy for now. Just gonna give you a quick rundown on the exciting things that happened yesterday...

T rescues!! For all of yall who don't know what that is. It's a strategy to empty 2 or more swamped canoes. It's hilarious to see people flopping in and out of canoes, but once you try it you get quite a work out. First of all you can't touch the bottom, and second the canoes create this nasty suction effect that makes them hard to initially lift out of the water. I had so much fun. Lots of people pulled "Pirates of the Caribbean" or  "Pocahontas". If you don't know what I'm talking about don't worry. For those of you who do! congrats on getting my references! :D This was probably my highlight of the day.

Some negatives included that my right side of my body is incredibly bruised, I accidentally threw my green bracelet in the water when I skipped a rock, and my Chinese classes recording system isn't working so I had to resort to tech support (I dislike it with a true passion). And math. So far I haven't learned anything new, but I still need to learn how to use a graphing calculator correctly. Darn you technology. If it actually did what it's supposed to do my life would be a breeze!

Today in English/History we are supposed go out in canoes and read our stories on what exploration means to us. I'm super pumped, but I have to get back to my tree homework. Byeeee! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you love spending time with people who don't talk about how much they hate school. Life is a classroom. Just open your heart and mind!

    ReplyDelete