Sunday, August 26, 2012

8-25-2012 bruises

It's another late night again, but hey I can sleep relatively late. Basically I spent today riding another, 12 miles to LOLville. We rode in in 3 different groups. We were joined by possibly 16 people today! This time we stopped at the famed Dari Maid. I got a Black Forest Flurry. That was delicious!!! Brownies and cherries! Yummy!

While in town we ran to the store where I realized that I can't use credit card gift cards here in LOLville. And sadly it's not cash-able. :( I did a little shopping for Alex, but beyond that nothing super exciting happened during the trip.

After we got back Megan and I decided to go swimming in the lake with Garrett and Carolyn. Mandy was life gaurding, and we had quite a.. ummm... interesting conversation about being a camp couseling and barfing.

After the nice cool swim it was dinner time. Dinner was an hour early today. So that means that I was eating dinner at 6 Atlanta time! That's really rare! After dinner I ran into Alex (the girl {there's a boy Alex here too}) and Kai. We headed down to the LRC where we proceeded to stalk each other's photo's and family members on our facebook pages. Later Alex and I headed down to the water front where it got these pictures :)


After much wandering and talking we head back up to the bell tower, aka the commons. Here we watched Aaron try and try again to start a friction fire. Finally he gave up and we decided to start a fire with a lighter. This is where is got a little crazy. He lit a ball of moss on fire, but when he saw that the tinder wasn't catching fast enough he climber INTO the fire ring and PICKED up the flaming pieces and stuck his hands into the center of the burning wood! This lovely fire put everyone into a musical mood which prompted Luke, Mattie, and Zeki to bring out their guitar, uke, and drum (respectively).

After the great musical pow wow someone started a good game of James Bond which as quite fun, and which we played for almost the rest of the night. I got decked in the middle of the sidewalk by Chase. I preformed some parkour moves that I didn't think were possible, and got a little banged up.

After the long James Bond games, he fire poi masters got their LED equipment out. It was really cool!! I got to try them again. On top of the James bond accidental parkour and the poi I have quite a few bruises!

I had my blog all written out, and then the internet crashed last night, so here we are. Last nights verision was probably better. :( until next time :D

5 comments:

  1. Please no broken bones, MJ
    And you probably have no Arnica for those bruises...
    :(
    Love, Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, MJ. We don't want any phonecalls from the ER while you're there! Maybe next time you're in LOL you should check at the pharmacy for that arnica Mother mentioned.

    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay! :)I have no idea when I'll be back in LOL, but I'll try to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MJ, should I send you a check? Can you spend that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sending it back to mama and mother. They will transfer the money into my account from there

    ReplyDelete