Friday, August 24, 2012

8-25-2012 star tippers and dream analysis

Hi fellow night owls! Its been a long week but I'm so incredibly happy here! You have absolutely no idea. I got to know a few people much better today. I also learned a few new "skills".

Here we go! So I woke up and immediately raced over to the kitchen like a good serve crew member should! :P After that I had lovely classes. I spent most of my Chinese study hour trying to get the nonexistent internal microphone to work. The problem was resolved by the lovely Martha who got be a headset with a USB plug because for some VERY odd reason there was no microphone jack. Ahhh well...

I made a reasonably nice pinch pot today. I hope it dries evenly so it won't look like a collapsed mess. :O More fun classes after that. The English and history was combined into one awesome class where we split into groups and rewrote the Wilderness Act. It was really fun and we got to do a lot of debating. Probably one of my favoritest classes so far :)

After classes is where things got intense. So Kai, Colin, Eric, Russ, Brian and I decided to ride to LOLville. The problem was that I had to be back at 5:45pm to be at server crew. So off we went. We left the campus at 4:45pm to give you a time range. From campus to LOLville is 5 miles. We literally raced out of campus and successfully arrived in town at 5:10pm. We promptly bought the cake ingredients that Ella wanted (it's a red velvet cake for Laura's 17th bday tomorrow) and flew back. We arrived at 5:47pm. Must to my astonishment, because I thought I was going to get a tardy, we had NO duties. We had just raced 10 miles in less than an hours for what... why for everyone in the LAB to stare at you and say.. "What the heck happened to you? Did you get chased by something???"!

And on to a father stinky dinner of all the bikers. We deterred most people form sitting with us. I think we will be making another, more leisurely trip in tomorrow. It should be quite fun. A nice treat after measuring trees with a crew of people fro HW.

Tonight was slit into many awesome things. First was my LONG talk with Kai and Michelle about our love of different books. They explained to me that "The Princess Bride"  is a must read. Since Kai doesn't like romance like me, and he really loves it, I think I might give it a shot.

Next. On the way down to the LRC. I ran into Zeki, Paige, and Alex. We got into a long an deep conversation about physical contact that Zeki follows as a Muslim. I was quit fascinated and learned a few things. Th first being that he doesn't touch girls at all.

After our little pow wow in the middle of the path we moved on to the stargazing hill. A perfect place to see everything. From there we ran into Dexter (unbeaten chess player) who informed us that he had been beaten by both Kai and Ella and that it was really not his day. Luckily enough for him We had also run into Aaron who had brought his LED poi (glowing balls on strings that you spin on your fingers{and something that I'm learning about}). We had a bit of fun with that before actually getting to the top of the hill. There, Saige, gave a lesson on all the star constellations that she knew while telling us wonderful stories of Greek mythology. After the quick astronomy lesson the conversation started to move to weird dreams that people had had, or weird sleeping/waking experience. Very interesting and hilarious if I do say so myself.

Then after stargazing got to cold, some of us moved down to the football field and star tipped. For those of you who don't know. You look up at the sky, pick a star and start spinning while looking up. Then once you are good and dizzy someone flashes a bright light in your face and you fall over laughing like a crazy person. This is often followed by much stumbling around and running in tilted circles!

Then on to more poi practice by me. I'll definitely have a couple of bruises. But not as many as my great wingmate Mattie (sister of Aaron) apparently had! :O Then on to a quick peak into the boy's apartment to watch the end of Sherlock Holmes, and here I sit. I must get some sleep. Got plenty of time to sleep in tomorrow/today! :D  Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with that bike ride! Let us know how the cake turned out -- mmmm, red velvet......

    ReplyDelete