Monday, August 20, 2012

8-18-2012

Hello lovely people. sorry for the long wait! I have been swamped and have been without the greatest technology in the world! :D Yes that's right I am now the proud owner of an abnormally wide Conserve School computer! No joke the majority of people agree with me!

This post will be all about my first day.. all posted form the past will be dated for easy reading! Woohoo!

So part 1 on eof 3 for orientation! It was extremely overwhelming. I cleared with all my meds and I am reminded every time I brush my teeth by Maia my wonderful roommate. :) I was health checked, educated on all things conserve and tada!! I was in. After that we had quite different icebreakers which I enjoyed much more than name games to be honest. Dinner was quite a busy affair. I can't tell you what I ate that night but the food is pretty good here. Not home cooking, but good and VERY healthy!

After that I hung out with a wide variety of people and went to a community meeting that involved talking about the main rules and the core values of the school. That was very interesting, but as meetings go, I would have to say it was long.

After that the loveliest opening ceremony. They had candles lining the paths and we walked in complete silence contemplating the universe and thinking about what we hoped for in this upcoming semester. I decided that I wanted to really live everything up to the fullest and not miss  thing. (So far I've managed to do it!).

So basically that was the first day of orienteering! I fell into bed after that after quick phone chats. I LOVE this place! These are the kind of people that I enjoy. From all walks of life looking for generally the same thing.

continue on for the next installment! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment