Monday, December 3, 2012

12-3-12 YOGA

Hello lovely people of planet earth and myself who will probably end up reading this latter on in life when I have nothing better to be doing. Today has some absolutely despicable weather. It's really warm, the snow is smelting and almost gone. The plan for field instruction was to start on cross country skiing after the snowshoe disaster, but the plan was changed due to lack of snow. Instead we did...... YOGA! That's right. Amy the gradfellow had us all laid out on our mats with blankets listening to calming music and meditating while doing the occasional power yoga move. Oh how I've missed Kathy at the YMCA at home :P I felt so calmed and put together, and it has helped with the stresses of this thing called homework. I came back to Maeve's room and blasted through all of my Endurance reading! Yeah. Yoga trumps all... even sleep even though there was some of that going on in class today done mainly by Ian and George. 

Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu. May all beings everywhere be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all.”

So go forth and breath! 

1 comment: