Sunday, December 16, 2012

12-16-12 Back to Life


While I was sitting in the car realizing how much Conserve School has changed me I started thinking not only about who I am as a person emotionally and what my new found pleasures were but also about what I think matters to me. Today at Judy's (my mother's college room mate) I sat and watched TV. I saw a TV add. I saw hundreds of cars. I saw commercial stores and most of all I saw less trees. I heard noises and saw neon signs. Everything was so full of life but in such a different way. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to adjust. Dexter's mom said that she had talked to one of the CS alumni and she had said that it takes a good 3 months to be able to slide back into everything, but I don't think that I will ever be able to "slide back in." Everything that I accepted as normal and fine are no longer normal and fine. They are foreign and sometimes they seem evil. But for your enjoyment I, here is what Maeve wrote on her blog a while ago. I agree whole heartedly.

  • Long underwear, all day, all the time
  • Woolen socks
  • Woolen blankets
  • Wool, in general
  • Peppermint tea
  • Film photography
  • Hot cocoa
  • Not showering
  • Not being clean, in general
  • My merrel vibram soled shoes
  • The benefits of hot glue guns
  • Books about wilderness exploration
  • Nutella and Penut butter on tortillas

No comments:

Post a Comment