Tuesday, December 25, 2012

12-25-12 Merry Christmas (or insert other holiday name here) 12-25-12

Merry Christmas, and to those who don't celebrate happy holidays. Looking for ward to 2013 yet? I'd have to say that 2012 was pretty good to me personally. The big example being the Conserve School experience. I love seeing all of these people, but as Mattie pointed out to me, I'm beginning to dread the phrase, "So how was it?" How am I supposed to sum up 4 months of feeling the happiest I've ever felt in my life with people who I thought would never ever meet. I know more about what I want to do with my life and how I want to live it, and definitely with what kind of people I want to live it with. Back to Christmas. Yesterday was Joy and Ken's neighborhood open house Christmas eve bash celebration/reunion with people you haven't seen in a while/good food eating/lots of laughing and story telling. It was really nice to see people. I forgot how many people knew I was leaving. Some of my neighbors have known me since before I could walk that including my best friend Laurel who was at the party. Funnily enough, the guy, Robby, that I mentioned that I had met at Arabia mountain and does city food foraging with and organization called Concrete Jungle along with being associated with Mr. Al Tate. He also is a member of the Environmental Education Association in Dekalb county. Well guess who showed up at the party with his wife? That's right... Robby! Dressed in his best hiking shoes and fedora and singing me the scat song! It was great talking to him again. He had just gotten back from Cumberland Island off the coast of Georgia and has been to Jekyll Island also off the coast. Two very special islands if I do say so myself.

So back to Christmas. I have to say that this Christmas was really good for a few reasons. Everythign that i got I can use. Examples being smartwool socks, LED poi, poems collected by Garrison Keillor, and a wonderful men's flannel! I am set for adventure and life in general now. I was telling my family that when exploring around Conserve campus I'd have my backpack with my pens, orange notebook, headlamp, camera, rain gear, poi, and Mattie's jacket. As the nature geeks say, "there is no such thing as bad weather.... dressed in the appropriate clothing!"

Speaking of clothing, I have been forced to take a shower. Apparently my hygienic conditions have gone down. I have to admit I probably need one, but really, I could be doing other things, like getting excited for the bird count with Joy on the 30th, or whacking myself in the head with the new poi, or listening to Billy Joel's Uptown Girl at an obnoxious volume level.

Happy holidays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment