Thursday, December 20, 2012

12-20-12 Adjustment

The first time seeing my best friend Laurel in four months. I was a little worried that it would be strange because a lot of the kids from Conserve went home for Thanksgiving and came back saying that their friends weren't who they thought they were. I must say that I have NEVER met people like the awesome and amazing people at Conserve. I think that I have changed and so has she. It could take some getting used to, but at least I'm slowly adjusting we'll see. We are still very different. We are talking polar opposites, but we were like that before I left to, but perhaps even more so now since I have moved even further to the hippie end of the spectrum.She thinks it's mildly gross that I don't take showers as much as I used to, but as Aaron and I both agree our heavenly dandruff gets much worse the cleaner we are. Who knows when Mattie and Maeve showered. I tell people stories about Maeve and Dexter and Aaron and Mattie All the time. The reaction is the same: "Wow you guys must have been close (referring to everyone but especially Mattie, Maeve and I)! How many siblings does Dexter have? How long did Aaron not shower for? If Ellie is reading this, I would like to tell you that your photos that I've shown some people have been GREATLY praised. Coming back home has been loud and noisy. I don't know how I am going to live, but I'll make it through. Christmas seems like such a foreign concept and I am definitely not ready for it yet even though it is just around the corner. The one thing that I appreciated from Laurel was her knowing how hard it was for me to leave. She said she was glad to see me, but she felt bad for me because I was leaving behind my second family, but like my great aunt said to me yesterday, "Don't ever forget where your first home is."

PS Enjoy the end of the world tomorrow! :) Hope you haven't sold all of your worldly belongings!

No comments:

Post a Comment