Monday, December 17, 2012

12-17-12 Withdrawl

Wow it's seems like an eternity that I left Conserve. Everyone on facebook is posting pictures constantly and going through withdrawal. I miss everyone a lot, and it feels like a lifetime till I'll see some of them again. I have already written people (ah hem the Yates family and the Daw family). I think that I will be the last CS5 alum that will be getting home. I fly out of the Minneapolis airport tomorrow at 6:10 pm and won't reach the bustling Atlanta skyline. Since I got to Minneapolis I haven't yet gotten rid of the headache that I have. The streets are full of life, but so dead at the same time.

There are no forests and no wolves. No howling winds or dorm rooms full of giggling girls. No Jack Johnson blaring in Maeve's room. No peanut butter cookies with peppermint tea. Not long debates about Ishmael and while life is how it is. No interpretive dancing with Danielle. No Soulja Boy dancing with Ellie (and angry texts from Brooke telling us to stop because she's trying to sleep). No long walks in the woods. No photo opps with Mattie and Dexter. While all of this is sad, I know this couldn't have happened without an end. I'm glad that it all happened. I wouldn't have learned all the things about myself and about the world had I not been able to go and live in the great Lowenwood. But this is just the beginning. The start of change for the better. Change with the best side kicks by my side.

Life will be hard to get used to and life's going to be changed forever. Some people says that it will take a couple for months to get used to everything, but I don't want to get used to things. That would mean that I would forget everything that I learned.Judy laughs at me when I came inside from a walk at 11 pm and complained to her about how loud it was.  So for now I bid you farewell with a pounding headache from the noise and my bloodshot eyes from the bright lights.

But if Mattie, Aaron, Maeve, Luke, or Ellie re reading this Expect lots of bulging letters full of my mundane existence. You know what I say to you (Maeve) when I ramble so I'll stop... for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment