Tuesday, November 13, 2012

11-13-12 Dragons!!!

They are rainbows of colors
metallic and shining
glistening in the sun
the talons grazing the water
eyes to their souls
deep and knowing
shedding a tear for you
dripping out of the majestic windows
they feel pain
the sense happiness
long for friends
yearn to be understood
"we are just as real as you"
begging to be accepted

In case you didn't know, I LOVE dragons. I love how they are they the embodiment of nature and its forces. The western culture destroys them, depicting them as flesh slashing mindless beasts, while eastern philosophy holds these creatures in the highest regards. I am a fan of both styles of dragons though. My only dislikes are perhaps the dragons depicted as stumpy, flightless, flesh eaters. For me dragons have kept my imagination soaring and very much alive. I think that's it's very important for people to step away from reality for a bit and unleash their dreams. However, I still believe that you need to stay connected with reality, but there's no harm in a little fantasy every now and then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment