Friday, November 2, 2012

Graffiti

Whelp.. I miss home.. and my family.. and the dirt.. and the smells... I've been tell stories about my neighborhood and my friends... and the funny things I've done with my family... I just talked to Mama and I've just realized that it's the small things like smells that I miss.. like hanging out in the kitchen and baking stuff.. like last night in the Donahue last night when I was  baking pumpkin seeds.. like the jokes that we have at home at where you ask "what's for dinner?" and the response is "food." Genna said that to me at dinner last night... like just sitting and drinking tea.. like eating peanut butter...  I just heard about Thanksgiving plans and how silly Atlanta Ballet is having a run-through so my family can't go to Dothan, AL for Thanksgiving. Like how I miss my pink-ish house.. excuse me terracotta, like how I miss my yellow room and how small and cozy it is...the creaking that happens when I walking into my room because of the over loaded bookshelf.. like lying around and reading books just to do it... NPR every morning.. the smells of coffee.. the smell of Coco my dog... the sound the bathroom fan makes...the screen door slamming...

To my family: Mama and Mother and Yi-Shan.. I miss you guys. Even if I haven't written it down somewhere I miss you guys WAY more than the dog park. ;) Don't worry <3 Though I've learned lots here and maybe have some new ideas.. I'm still me. I may not shower quite enough.. and I may drink a little coffee and sleep less, and wear more tie dye, but when I see you.. I can't wait to hug you and say hey and tell you the awesome journeys and stories. The funny bits and the sad... all of it.


...don't get me wrong I love it here. But it's the tiny things that matter. Don't let those things be forgotten. Don't say they don't matter. They matter more than you will ever know.

4 comments:

  1. We miss you, tons! Can't wait to have you sitting at the kitchen table, NPR in the background, Coco at our feet, sipping tea (or coffee!) and catching up on EVERYTHING. I walk into your room every now and then to help me imagine that.

    Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This almost made me cry! I'm so glad you are still you, but I am so proud for you that you have had/are having this experience. I miss you too and look forward to you being back in the 'hood spending time with Laurel (and a bit with me). And you KNOW I will always have coffee available when you come to visit!
    Love from,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D It'll be good to see everyone again!

    ReplyDelete