Tuesday, November 6, 2012

11-6-12 SNOW

For some reason I feel like I'm walking through a dream. The snow is falling, at times it comes down really fast. It's sticking to the ground. I have to squint my eyes when I'm outside so I can see. It's been snowing sine I stepped outside Elaine house today. It's quite odd to wake up and already see light outside my window, but I suppose it helps with waking up. I can't believe I live in such a wonderful place!

We recently got a new head of dining services. He has revamped the menu a bit. We have A LOT more food and it often seems to go to waste. Yes we teenagers do eat a lot, but not that much. It's a shame that it can't be re-purposed (the food that hasn't been touched that is). This morning we had cinnamon buns and cantaloupe. It's bizarre to have fresh fruit that isn't apples and oranges.  After I finished eating I went out into the snow with Aaron, Zeki, Mattie, Dexter, and Maeve (who was off wandering). It was so nice. it's still a very thin layer on the paths, but never the less Zeki, Aaron, and Dexter picked up the snow and threw it. Thanks for the perfect shot of snow to my face right as I open my mouth to take a sip of coffee, Aaron! It was nice and cold if you were wondering :P

Last night was spent sitting in my room with Mattie since I was under house arrest. Let me explain... If you go to the health center to lie down and miss a class, then you can't go to the LAB, LRC, or interdorm. It really wasn't that bad 'cause Mattie and I just sat in my room, did homework, and listened to the plethora of CD's that I had checkout out of the library. I am currently working on two major projects. One of them being for English/history. We have been studying the history of national parks and the people who discovered them. William Henry Jackson was the photographer for Yellowstone. I am doing exactly what he did. Taking pictures of a place, Sylvania, and then writing about it so that "Congress" will protect it. My other project is painting a phenology map for my science spot. I started using water colors last night. I surprised myself. I rarely ever consider myself artistic, but as it turns out painting isn't so bad and I turned out quite a nice Hairy woodpecker and Loon!

PEACE


1 comment:

  1. Mei-Jing, I'm really enjoying your blog. I just read the last 3 entries and I think your writing is getting better and better. What a wonderful description of the frozen lake on your recent canoe trip! And the bubble photos are fabulous! I would love to post the last one to my FB page -- of you squinting and looking through the end of the bubble wand -- but I can't access the photos in that way. Could you attach it to an email? Or share it w/me in some other way?

    It's election night and I'm trying to remain hopeful. Are you guys watching the returns?

    <3 Mama

    ReplyDelete