Sunday, November 11, 2012

11-11-12 ducklings

Happy Veterans day everyone! I have had one of the coziest days today. it has been raining since last night and though it's grey and nasty I still appreciate the weather. I finally finished my 2nd draft of my phenology map. It's mainly watercolors which was really surprising for me, because I don't typically consider myself a painting type. I'm quite happy with it, but I am glad that it's done with. One more to do before the end of the semester (though I have to admit it has been one of the more fun assignments here). After a morning filled with drippy colors and drippy weather I was about to sit down for an afternoon of homework when Mattie arrived and rescued me!

Puddle jumping and stomping of course. And it should always be down without shoes and rain gear according to to the official hardcore puddle stomping handbook (by Mattie and I). Some other girls had the same idea, but they had rain boots and rain jackets on. We stomped all the way down to the swing set and then proceeded to splash around all the dorms. Aaron and Zeki laughed at us from their windows. Some of he best puddles were around Donahue house at the corners of the building where the water poured off and onto our heads. There's nothing more joyful than getting drenched in the rain with close friends. All the cold and dreariness vanishes and its just you and the quest to find the next biggest puddles to splash around in.

"I feel like a duckling!"  - Mattie (

That's living life to the fullest right there! :D

Hailey, Olivia, Mattie, me, Ella 


No comments:

Post a Comment