Sunday, November 11, 2012

11-10-12 early surprises!

On Saturday evening Keller, Aaron and Mattie's older brother showed up with a surprise. Even though it's not Aaron's birthday till the 17th we had a little surprise birthday party for him made up of Forest Lake Country Store pizza! Funnily enough, Dexter, Aaron's suite mate, has the exact same birthday. Want to make it even more amazing they were born at the same time. Even creepier... the time was 11:17am. Crazy right!? I wonder if the person who was doing the room assignments knew about this?

The rest of the evening was spent with Yates clan. Quite a nice evening if I do say so myself. Aaron restrung and played his guitar with Keller while Mattie and I lounged on the dance room floor. Zeki and Maeve joined us later for a quick bought of athletic cartwheeling, flipping, knee sliding (resulting in Zeki melting a hole in his pants because of the friction), hat throwing, and picture taking.We relocated later to the sledding hill where Mattie and I proceeded to roll down the wet hill. I with my rain gear on, her without. The hill was so dark and foggy. It was beautiful despite the pinpoints of light coming from campus. Our laughs pierced the otherwise silent night. Our shadows staggering about trying to find the summit of the hill in the darkness. The whistling wind was incredibly pleasant and peaceful. To add to the beautiful night Aaron started hooting, making the whole night hauntingly beautiful. It's nights like these that I'll remember for a lifetime. Not the busy loud ones, even though they are fun, but the simple ones. They are the ones that make the greatest impression on me.

PEACE

1 comment: