Thursday, November 29, 2012

Snowshoes! 11-29-12

Today in field instruction we learned about animals tracks in the snow anddddddddd SNOWSHOES!!! It was really fun! The tracks were really interesting and we learned about some animals that I've never seen in  real life. We went for a long walk to the athletic fields in our snowshoes to play.... KICKBALL! Quite the experience for me I think. We don't have enough snow here for the shoes to do their job yet, even though we have way more snow than we ever get in Georgia. When we started playing kickball it was awesome, but the moment I had to kick it went downhill. I fell the moment I moved to run, not to mention the fact that I kicked the ball right into Ian's arms! When I fell Chase tagged me out and on his way to get me, he stepped on my hand with the snowshoes. If you didn't know, snowshoes have crampons on the bottoms. OUCH! I have swelling but I'm recommending now not to get in the way of a flying Chase!

1 comment:

  1. Yowch! Sounds painful. I hope it was the left hand so there was no problem filling in all those bubbles on the SAT today ;-)

    ReplyDelete