Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1-1-13 Happy new day!

Happy new year everyone! Or as I saw on facebook from Mattie's friend Ruth:

"Happy New Day, friends! Remember, you can make resolutions on any day of the year; each new day is the start of the rest of your life! Carpe Diem!"

And I agree. But happy new year to all you traditionalists out there. I spent a fantastic eve of 2013 with Courtney! It was so much fun filled with a pyromaniac sister with 8 sparklers, candles, fireworks, a shaking dog, lots of gluten free food, laughter, and or course a count down. This was perhaps the first time I have been away from my home at new years, but I liked the change. I had a blast hearing funny stories and tell some of my own. I also was happy to talk to Mattie and Zeki at midnight too. It was funny because Zeki wouldn't be part of 2013 until 1 am out time. What a weird concept! Being reminded of this made me feel even further away from Conserve in a way. Some of my friends wouldn't countdown for another 2 hours! 

While I was nearing the end of my year at Conserve I started thinking about my life when I got home. I wanted change. I wouldn't and now realize that I can't go back to how I was living before I left on this life changing journey. If I did revert back to a life of monotony doing typical school work I would be miserable, and I feel like I'm headed that way. Lets change it up. I want to try so many new things that the list seems endless. Fire poi, baking bread regularly, knitting lots of hats, working with the TWO Minolta camera's I've discovered, saving up for a new DSLR camera, taking pictures, getting into Ocean for Life and SCA, reading more, dancing more, looking at colleges, seeing friends, learning to play guitar, writing more poetry, working outside more, becoming a member of Concrete Jungle, helping teach an ecology class for little kids, and much much more. I was talking with some Conserve friends and the general consensus is to do what more of what we really love. I hope that 2013 will be a fresh start, but I will never forget what came from 2012. Go forth and be splendidly amazing. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment