Friday, January 4, 2013

Diversity 1-4-12

It's easy to forget how many people knew that you were gone for 4 months. I didn't realize that I would get so many views on my blog until about 2 months in! Even after 3 months I am still seeing people for the first time. Chinese dance just began and I got to see some of my friends that I have known for over 10 years. It was great to be back even though I felt so incredibly behind and out of place, but it was so good to see Chinese people and hear the language again. Ms. Lee (my teacher) was not back from China yet and Lacey (one of my friends) had her parent's car break down, so it will be another week until I see them. The time seems to stretch on and on. I wonder how long it will be until I have seen everyone.

There were two things that I got tired of while in Land O' Lakes and at Conserve. The first being the lack of any other race besides Caucasians. Don't get be wrong I'm not against that particular race, but I am used to seeing so many other races when I am at home. The second thing that I missed while I was away at school was the lack of truly ethnic food. I missed having my mouthburned out by spicy Indian, I missed the delicious tofu and stir fries and the Asian rice. I guess I always took the diversity of Atlanta for granted until I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment