Friday, January 4, 2013

1-4-12 A song for everything

So you know those people that say "there's a song for that!" I used to think that they were being either corny or obnoxious. Well now I think I'll have to go back on my thoughts and say they might just have something there. On the last night of Conserve School before the parents arrived Chris Cole had "Country Roads Take Me Home" by John Denver Playing. There's the Muppets song to make people smile. And there's American Pie that's full of meaning and really hard to learn in the correct order. When the phrase is spoken there's usually a heart break involved. Yeah sure there are millions of songs about love and sadness, but despite common understanding there are good songs that don't have ANYTHING to do with heartbreak. Maybe we should try and quote these more often. There are plenty of times that need singing, and plenty of new, old, and obscure songs that are waiting to fill the air!

"I can't see myself singing the same song twice in a row. That's terrible."  - Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment