Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1-1-13 Darn this growing up thing

Change can be good and bad. It can mean happiness and can mean sadness. It can mean the end of something but it can also be a bright beginning to something. It can mean a coming and going of friends and family. All of this seems to have happened at once. When kids returned from their Thanksgiving breaks I heard a nonstop stream of stories of the friends from home not being what Conserve kids had thought they were. Of not getting along with them. Of wanted to scream that they had their priorities wrong. Of saying that they really didn't care about what their friends cared about.

When I got to Conserve I felt the happiest I have ever felt in my life. I had no idea there were people like me waiting out there in the world. Well.. I probably knew it, but I hadn't met them, and then when I met them my life seemed (I know this sounds cheesy) complete. When I got home I still got along with my friends, but I saw what everyone meant. I don't care about what a lot of people care out. Some people say okay fine other people tease me and others think I've become an oddity. I don't mind it too much but it makes me feel very alone. I have a gaping hole where those people that completed my day are gone. I can still talk with them on facebook and write them letters and call them but it's not the same as seeing their smiling faces, yeah their shouting voices, or feel them lying next to me. It's all different. What a pesky thing this growing up is. Why can't we all live in happy bubbles. I know I know. This is not what the normal Mei-Jing who is "full of matter-o-fact-ness" as Maia would say. But just for one can time just give me a break? Thanks yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment