Thursday, March 14, 2013

What would I have done? 3-15-13

So there's a lot of crazy stuff going on recently. I have been a) not sleeping because of robotics and thus have been going on long rants about the complete chaos that involved us: 1. being safety inspected int he last 15 minutes of the night, 2. a pant leg of Matthew's jeans being ripped because they got sucked into a drill 3. Us only being on the the filed for a short amount of time. 4. us not having barely any of the tools or hardware that we commonly use. 5. the joysticks for the robot operation being counter intuitive. I could go on for says but you know... the advice that is in my head says let it flow. But I mean.. sometimes you just can't.. especially if someone's leg bones are in dangers of being shredded to pieces. Yeah... But I did notice some very interesting things. A) being that FIRST has some very kind people in it. B) there are an abundance of couples at Peachtree Regionals C) there is an alarming lack of space. I don't know... It's really hard to express my true love of robotics. There are so many good memories from the two seasons that I have been involved with and I know that there are so many more good memories to be had. I have done some crazy, completely idiotic things, such as operate heavy machinery during the wee hours of the morning, which of course could have ended badly but it didn't and that's all that matters. I have not slept for 29 hours and all of the time that was spent not sleeping was devoted to the season. I've done stupid things like stared at a ceiling for an extended period of time laughing, rubbing soap on a piece of pneumatics (right over the electronics) to find an air leak, or playing with a leads crew or energy chain  for hours on end. I've also learned so many things about people skills and mechanical skills. In addition, I have gained some amazing friends that I a so lucky to have met. Without robotics I think that coming home from Conserve would have been 20 million times as heard. I would have had nothing to keep my mind busy. I would have had no one to talk to and I would have probably been the worse for wear. With robotics I had people to talk to that would keep my mind off the large hole that Conserve left in me when I left Lownewood. Even after seeing my friends form school it's not the same. Something that I will probably never ever get back, and miss greatly, but still county myself lucky that I got something like Conserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment