Sunday, March 10, 2013

Guildford 3-10-13

Do you believe in vibes? Maybe auras? Or are you just not one of spiritual people? I don't know what I am. That is also perfectly fine too! Have you ever walked into a place and just felt good. Even if you knew you didn't really belong it all still worked? Maybe I'm not making any sense at all... Today I spent a good 6 hours in a car riding up to Guildford College in Greensboro, NC. I am spending the night which should be pretty fun. My host is really new to the whole prospective touring thing, but she's really nice. Her name is Marinda. She is actually form Thailand currently. I say currently because that's where her family is living. He dad works for the state department so she said that they move every 2 years or so. Marinda plays volleyball here and is an undecided major. I met a bunch of her friends today at dinner. Sitting there reminded me strongly of Conserve. It was a big square table full of mostly girls laughing and talking. A girl named Molly, who I had met at the lake on our little mini tour, was making faces at someone across the room. The rest of them were discussing various things from a party, to homework, to eyebrows, to feminism, to a lost phone. People walked by and said hi dropping a comment here or there about some recent event. It was a really nice dinner. I wonder if I had been able to sleep over at Warren Wilson if my impression wouldn't have been so mixed... Hmmm you do what you can do right? Currently I'm sitting in her room blogging and looking around while she gets some homework done. She has elephants on her wall and purple and a blue and purple paisley comforter. She seems to own an amazing amount of scarves and is pretty neat. The nice thing about her room is that she is living by herself so I get a bed! I feel a bit like the princess and the pea. The beds are bunk-able but this one is just set REALLY high up. I have to climb up the back to get in here. I think we are going to bake cookies with one of her friends later and I heard rumors of hair wraps? Who knows... but the vibe is good and I can actually see myself here maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment