Saturday, March 16, 2013

FIRST Robotic Peachtree Regionals 3-17-13

There's something absolutely amazing about winning FIRST Robotics Peachtree Regionals! We were allied with Global Dynamics team 4026 and Category 5 team 3489 for the eliminations rounds. It wasn't looking good for us because we had to face off against Westminster's WiredCats 2415, the RoboLions team 1261, and 1414 Atlanta International School's iHOT team 1414. If we were able to surpass them, which we did, we would be facing off against Cryptonite team 624, Kell Robotics 1311, and some others. Something must have been in the air because things started to happen. There are 8 alliances in the elimination rounds and each alliance is made of your team plus 2 others. Reboot team 4080 was ranked 7th. All of the even numbered alliances knocked each other out by the time the finals came up. The last match was really awesome and really close. We managed to climb the pyramid in the last 3 seconds of the match and shoot 2 frisbees into the 3 point goal. Yeah that's right, 10 for the climb and 6 for the shots. Pretty productive if I do say so myself. Especially since it won us the entire competition! So this means that we are off to the Saint Louis for championships! There's nothing better than a medal around your neck, a trophy in your team's possession, being dead tired, having a hoarse voice from cheering and shouting, and a satisfying soreness in your back from pushing and lifting a robot that has recently been named Rocky for the way that we started off rough in the season and for the way that we rock dangerously when we come to a sudden stop. Since I returned from Conserve School I have felt like I am quite alone. I don't think that you have a a ton of friends to be happy, but I think that the majority of my closest friends now stem from robotics. Or maybe it;s just the fact that we have seen each other everyday for 3 months! I don't know what I would have done without Casey, Matthew, Jasmine, Matthew, and Collin. It leaves me wondering about what I would be doing without them. Questions and questions of the future. Do you ever wish you could see into the future or do you think it's best kept a secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment