Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Scallion Pancakes 8-14-13

So yesterday after poking around the house and not doing much of anything I decided I better do something productive with my time that involved eating because, gosh darn it it was 3:00 pm and I had yet to eat anything that motivated me to eat more. So off to the piles pf cookbooks that my family, mainly Mama, has collected over the years in search of a quick, tasty something that might involve soy sauce. Low and behold I struck gold when I opened up the increasingly favored "Dim Sum" book. There in front of me were scallion pancakes. To those of you who don't know, this is not your flap jack type of food. Yes it's round and it's cooked in a frying pan. That's where the similarities end. For one if you put syrup on these you would be committing the major crime of ruining the beautiful flavor.These bad boys are a) NOT sweet b) probably greasier than your buttermilk disks c) in certain ways more delicious (when craved of course) d) need to be tried by every human being (I don't care if you re "allergic" to greens! You have a duty to your taste buds!). They are really a savory fried pancake with scallions in them that can then be dipped in soy sauce and ingested. This you will have happy taste buds and you stomach is full. Anyways they are super easy to make unlike other foods/snacks and the motivation to have more tasty food after the day and not have it disappear the second I turn my back resulted in a doubled recipe and frozen pancakes hidden in the freezer! Woot woot! I recommend trying them if you ever have the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment