Thursday, August 8, 2013

Did you hear toast? 8-8-13

Yes that's right my lovely marshmallows! I am both ripping off the actress, Kristen Bell's greeting by calling you good people marshmallows and I am talking about America's favorite breakfast food! Well perhaps cereal and maybe eggs might run up next to toast...... Anyways, back on topic. Toast. As you might now I am a robotics nerd which means robots robots robots with some very loud dubstep mixed in there somewhere. FIRST robotics competition seasons are short and sweet and filled with lots of blood, sweat, tears, and no sleep. As a good friend said, "there are thousands of similarly masochistic people across the world doing it at the same time!" And yet I can't get enough. When  and some members from my old team (that went to World Championships in St. Louis, MO in April decided to start a team of our own we faced a serious problem. Drum roll please!

A good team name! Lord we went through everything: krankshaft kangaroos, the motor mongeese, toaster tech, motor mice, and so many others. We finally settled on Toaster Tech. The thing is.... in the world of FRC (FIRST robotics competitions) a toaster means a robot that can't do ANYTHING! They just kind of scoot around on the field and sometimes get in people's way. Why did we name ourselves Toaster Tech? That's a good question...... because we are now the self proclaimed "we-can't-do-nothing" team. Well... hopefully it will become an ironic name and we will be dominating the fields this coming year. The name also may have stemmed from and idea our mentors from the Ga Tech Robojackets came up with. A lot of inspiration was drawn from the following video which was discovered after looking at our scouting sheet and desperately trying to fin a team to pick for our alliance that could score over 10 points in a match. 





While in the LONG quest to find a suitable name (and when I say long, I mean 3 months long), my good friend and fellow member of the new team, Myles said, "Well I mean our slogan could be: Spreading technology like butter on toast....." and thus the picture below was born. Funny thing is that he always says that he is bad with words.... 



Please do "like" my team on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Toaster-Tech/1374908602736950



2 comments:

  1. I forgot How much I missed your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww well aren't you sweet! You were the one whole told me to start them back up again!

    ReplyDelete