Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Keeping your balance 8-21-13

And there you have it my friends. A little bit of Buddha for your day. Every year at Chinese New Year there are Buddhist monks at the celebration giving out literature. This phrase is from one of the books:

Most of the time
We cannot control our circumstances,
but
every moment of time 
we can control how we react
to these circumstances.

Sometimes I think that people are often unaware that their little quirks and habits that they go through life not really noticing are really reactions to the happiness or the stress of their lives. For instance. School started for me on Monday. Three days in and I have complete 2 AP Calculus BC classes and one AP Physics C class. Talk about a good way to "jump right in"! Anyways, as I was saying life has been a bit chaotic trying to get used to the new rhythm of things and I have discovered a wonderful way to center myself. Geometric patterns with extreme symmetry. We're talking Celtic knots, yin tang, infinity triangles, twisted pyramids, and MC Escher's impossible cube.







There's something about the concentration that it takes to make sure you get just the right precision to create the satisfying balance that comes from finishing one of these projects. But then again, it could be the fact that they are so organized and the rest of my life seems like it's getting a little ahead of itself. Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment