Monday, October 28, 2013

Whew! 10-28-13

Whew! I have noticed more and more that I am creating blog posts with more and more stress relieved titles. Goes to show what I'm doing with my life. Anyways, it's been a really long week and so much to talk about. Friday night was spent burning off nervous energy trying not to mentally fall apart and go to bed at a reasonable hour. Because of course, the ACT cannot be scheduled at a reasonable time in the morning. Oh no, surely not. I was up at 6:30 am in the morning on my Saturday missing out on sacred sleep and choking down some breakfast (not my favorite meal of the day mind you). The ACT is LONG. Many people say that the SAT is an aptitude test to see how well you take standardized tests and the ACT is a test of endurance and possibly of more of what you know. Which test a person takes depends on the way the test taker's brain works. Most of the time people absolutely despise one, the ACT or SAT, and try and cope with the other one. So anyways back to what I was saying. I was in Decatur Highschool at 8 am with my pencils on their way home in the car. *Sigh* I haven't ever been able to arrive at a test without being out of breath. My very first PSAT I went to the wrong location, 2nd time around PSAT was at Conserve and I guess nothing went wrong, the first time for my ACT I went to the wrong building in a business complex, my SAT I didn't know my Social Security number, and the 2nd go round for the ACT no pencils. I suppose all of these various minor and major mishaps occurred because of my scatterbrained-ness. But back to what I was saying. I was in the test from 8 til 12:45pm. What a LONG morning.

So you must be thinking. What did you do after that Mei-Jing? I'm sure you went home and slept till the evening. NOPE! Because of my constantly crazy life I left from the school and went to Georgia Tech to be with my robotics team, Toaster Tech FRC Team 4414 (in case you would want to be super cool and follow us on facebook!), and sell  toasted Pop-Tarts and hot coco at the Atlanta Mini Maker Faire!

I'd like to interject here that I have been all over the Tech campus and had thought that I had an okay concept of where things were. That was prived wrong on Saturday when we parked and went wandering all over the place. We even askedd these two people where the Tech Green was (where the event was being held) and they had no idea. How can you go to a school and not know when the center of campus is? Georgia Tech is truly a sprawling urban campus!

The Maker Fair is very educational and fun event full of tasty snacks, cool exhibitions, crafts, and tons of demonstrations. My team was not the only robotics team there of course. Lots of the local school had shown up to show off their robots, too. I was rather miffed by the fact that Reboot showed up with the robot that I had competed/drive/built last season but hey you have to rise above. Since that debacle I have been both stressed out to an ultimate extreme and have learned a lot of fundraising and grant writing skills. I try not to be too mad but sometimes I think "If only *insert event that caused the falling out to occur* hadn't happened." but then I think about all of the things all of my friends and I have learned and have to be grateful despite the craziness and confusion and mess that has been created.

But moving on to wrap this post up. Stayed at the Maker Faire, ate really-bad-for-you sugary rectangles, and then proceeded to go home and  crash for the night. I really need to slow down a bit? I thought that finishing up projects (the ACT, college apps, etc) would help me chill out. I fear that I have been severely mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment