Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ramble ramble 2-23-13

So here we are. 2/3 of the group sitting in my room. Mattie being the one present. It's slightly weird with her being here, but it's absolutely splendid. She's sitting behind me and says that she will proof read what I am writing. She's not sure what to say about the 3rd sentence about herself. She thinks it doesn't makes sense. "What about the more than normal or the extra" she says. It seems perfectly normal. She sleeps in my bed, sings with me, eats with me, etc. But at the same time it's bizarre because we aren't at Conserve. There aren't the check ins or any other time constraints. There is also a lack of my lovely suite mate Maia on the other side of the door every morning. We are actually listening to Mumford and Sons Pandora radio currently and Eddie Vedder is play which makes me think of English class. Mattie's proof reading skills just kicked in. Perhaps this is a good system after all! When I started the post I wasn't sure whether she should read along as I was writing because it'd be too strange but it turns out it's an added bonus. Mattie just asked me if Stefan, the headmaster of Conserve, still reads the blog. I know he read it during the semester when we were at school. Is he using it as some sort of marketing tool? Like a "come to our awesome school! See there's this girl Mei-Jing who rambles on about her daily life. Oh and by the way her blog is mostly about her semester and it also happens to use the name of the school in the title!" He Stefan if you are reading this. :D There's always those people that you can talk and talk and talk to about the most bizarre things yet never get tired of each other. Even after two and a half months without the added drama of school there's still lots to talk about and discuss. Just now Mattie was reading behind me and thought that the word bonus was the word bombs. Ah yes Mattie having you read behind me is like a bomb. Because you are the bomb.com as the lovely Maeve would say. We spent a gray day in East Atlanta Village with Laurel and her boyfriend Tristram walking and walking. It doesn't help your chilly situation if you are drinking a mango peach smoothie that makes you either cough like me or shiver like Laurel. Why do people eat ice cream in the winter? There should be some type of counterpart to ice cream that's warm or at least makes you feel warm. Or should there? After all the United States doesn't really need ANOTHER sweet food to consume. Good lord.... If you go to a world farmers market and you look at the desserts they are all so colorful and pretty and they look like they might make your teeth fall out, but in all reality they are really not that sweet! Perhaps because they are smart and don't use the oh so fake high fructose corn syrup in EVERYTHING! Take Mexican desserts. There are rolls with pink sugar slapped all over the place in great designs. You bite into it and sugar does everywhere, but it's more like a slightly sweet bread as opposed to something like a doughnut! Mattie just asked me a totally legit (as spell checker would like me to say) question. Are there really any warm desserts? There's hot coco, cookies when they come out of the over, baked Alaska ("Isn't that a flaming something or another?? I'm not sure what it is exactly"). "But actually there can be a lot more warm desserts so long as you eat them when they come out of the oven!" Speaking of all this sweetness... I finally learned how to spell dessert correctly. You always want more dessert so therefore there are more s's in the word. As for a desert, you want less of it so therefore less s's! It's like the spelling trick about parallel. The word has two parallel lines! The l's that is. That's all for now, but more later. Or maybe not because I'll be spending a week at the Yates' house!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment