Wednesday, February 20, 2013

An exceptional home 2-21-13

The terrific Mattie will be arriving at my place of residence tomorrow. I'm sitting on pins and needles full of joy. Silly grins keep sliding over my face. I'm sitting here in my room listening to a playlist while I was at Conserve. It features all the songs that we listened to over and over. They are the ones that we sang at the tops of our lungs on the edge of a dock. They are the songs that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Every one of these songs has an image for me. It's just a quick flash. But it's enough. It'll be strange to see her because I've only known her at Conserve. I can only imagine us there together, but now she'll be here! At a home where the paint colors confuse the visitors. Where the neighbors take out their trash at strange hours of the night. The house with a dog who's more like a cat. A home where two sisters are polar opposites but would die for each other. A home of unique circumstances. A place where we break every preconceived notion. She'll be back in my life again. She'll fill the hole that she left the last time I saw her. So it's time to start the day and listen to the singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment