Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Overuse of Words 2-7-13

Is it bad to have a love hate/relationship with a blog? Doe sit mean that I am too in tune with the social media. Its the Conserve School blog after all so I think it makes me sound more rational. Not some stranger's blog. They have over 2 feet of snow and I have short sleeves. Not complaining about the sunny days but shouldn't Georgia have a tiny bit of winter. I think the season is a myth here now. I used to hear these stories from my moms about "the blizzard." When there was actual snow and it was cold. There was slick ice that you could actually do damage with. Mother despises the term "back in the day." It's apparently over used in today's society. I don't notice it much bu them I suppose we all use "like" way too much. That's of course including myself.

But when you think about it aren't there some terms that are just used way too much? Awesome, adorable, like, and cool are just a couple to name. Not to worry I suffer from over use too. Listen to a typical conversation. Not one of those stereotypical ones that your brain imagines where there's a blonde girl who's really obnoxious and a truly unsavory creature. No I'm talking about your typical person. Think about how many times we use like in a conversation. Truely appalling don't you think? Why do we use like as a filler when we could use um or ahh? Like is a functional word whereas umm and ahh aren't! Words, words, glorious words. They feed thy soul!

Woolgathering - 1. indulgence of idle fancies and in daydreaming; absentmindedness.
                          2. gathering tufts of wool from a sheep

I personally prefer the first :)

No comments:

Post a Comment